Chickmagalur through my eyes

 Hello buddies,

Travelling to different places and experiencing the things their, will always bring something new into your life it will broaden your horizons, and the way you preach the life will be reshaped when you put yourself out in the world and I'm privileged to experience whenever i want. This time i have travelled to Chikmagaluru in karnataka around 260 kilometres from Bangalore is a quintessential representation of coffee estates with stunning ghats in the town. Im going tell you my experience in this place.

Backstory of how I reached this place-  I drove off in bike early morning mind you saying it was raining like cats and dogs all day, I wanted to experience this, something out of my comfort zone


I drove in that rain with raincoats on I couldn’t stop much in between because of the rain, except for food. But overall it was a different experience after reaching the town, I called it a day.

First place to explore in this place is the very famous landmark Mullayanagiri peak Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in karnataka. Its in the western ghats of this taluk. With a height of 1,925 metres, it is also the 23rd highest peak in western ghats. 




On this day also it was raining moderately but that didn't stop me from exploring, After having a hearty chickmagaluru cuisine breakfast, I drove amidst the coffee plantation i have seen tea estates before, This was the first time seeing huge spread of coffee plantation, off course this is a coffee land. Also on my way i had to definitively taste the coffee of this place even thou I'm not a coffee or tea person, But i was their to experience everything so why miss a chance. After having I understood why it is called as land of coffee :)

After driving through the top of hills in that fog the climate up there was so stormy and windy. I couldn’t halt in one place i kept swinging back and forth that is how strong the winds are, Like if you dont hold onto your yourselves you will definitely fly off ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

There are steps to reach on top of hill that accommodates a temple but after few steps up I couldn’t stand even for a minute i got down, but seeing people going up encouraged me to finish this. Finally reaching the top i tried taking a good sight at the mountains but the thick fog made it difficult, After prayer in temple i descended down, I didn’t even turn left or right because I was terrified ;)

Hmm later having a warm Maggi, I decided to visit other famous spot after talking to the locals which was Babu badangiri ( backstory a saint named Babu budan while returning from Yemen after a pilgrimage tour smuggled 7 coffee seeds into india. after he planted this in the hills that is how this land became a widespread coffee branding place) it is a curvy terrain it took a lot of time because of rain after reaching i was able to catch some glimpse it houses a small temple, Masjid and other falls.



Chickmagaluru has lots and lots of waterfalls scattered little far away if you have enough time you can visit those I skipped because I have seen enough of them and had less time in hand. After returning from their i crashed and had delicious food that night i shopped a lot from MG road. 

The next day I decided to visit a coffee museum and to know more about this place, This is where i heard about the coffee seed story and coffee plantation its history, types, properties etc by a guide even thou i don't drink i learnt enough about this coffee drink.




I decided to take off the rest of the day to soak in this climate and take in everything before i leave so booked my stay in commue18 a communal resort in between the coffee land this resort is little away from the town, I got to interact with the people over there and watch the sunset.





This is what i was able to do in those three days i was happy that i was able to enjoy and see as much as possible. And on the way back or front you should must visit halebeedu and belur temple just like i did.




I don't know about Coorg but this is the real gem!

Until next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The art of Minimalism in Fashion

Namaste England ๐Ÿ™

Winter in England