My time in Chennai

 That was 16th April  My day my birthday, i really wanted to go out of Bangalore and celebrate my birthday but it was holiday season and weekend all the nice places got filled up with bookings and tourist are all ready to escape to hills rations and beaches, my birthday plan was a last minute plan, spontaneously my family decided to go for vacation to celebrate my day, as all the good places are already buzzing with people, i thought we should go for Chennai because the last time i visited Pondicherry (see the last blog) i didn't get the proper chance to see Chennai so why not take this chance to see Chennai, next minute we made the bookings and took of that day itself, I should admit that it was humid around that time but it was all worth the time in Chennai, as promised in last blog here is my Chennai experience!


April 15:- we family of four took an overnight bus from Bangalore to Chennai and shopped for a yummy breakfast at this restaurant ( i don’t remember the name) but it was definite stop to fill our tummy and reached Chennai around 10.00 the first glance at the city wow! The city is Hot.









The park Chennai ( anna salai)- we booked our 2 days stays in one of the luxury hotels in Chennai mind you telling the rooftop swimming pool was spectacular to look at, after checking into the room and taking a dip at the pool, it was so rejuvenating as the sun was scorching hot. We quickly escalated for lunch at the very famous restaurant  amma chettinadu restaurant, we had vegetarian meal it was good for one time according to me, the place is so crowned it took time for us to find a table but I’m sure it has the best non vegetarian food, later we went to shopping in T nagar the clothes you find here are different than any other shopping spree, it was screaming south Indian western type after shopping for myself later 

we went to the most famous Marina beach before that we walked through Dr MGR memorial and other well known figures stone tomb memorials made me think everyone on this earth ends up like this one day but seeing affluent memorials here also says how well you want to live your life as a human after walking a mile to the shore in between you pass through a lot of shops and food stalls, visiting marina beach at night is something different

Later getting back and having our dinner at our room i got dressed up in a Indian wear, i always wanted to get ready than usual for once so i went ahead with a spaghetti top, Indian skirt and heavy embroidered dupatta, on the rooftop swimming pool water cakes are not allowed but ours being not one of them so we somehow got it, the vibe on the top is different at night it was more of dinner date vibes than cool in the daytime, anyways i got to celebrate in simple way than later my bestie and i decided to go for this restobar attached to the hotel called Basha which was priced 3000 per couple and after getting in i didn't like the vibe and energy over there was so draining i didn’t  feel  good so i walked out we were there exploring the property and went to bed that is how I celebrated my birthday. Pretty much taking everything and processing in.

April 16 my birthday:- once i woke up my family showered me with gifts ( so sweet of this people) we had complimentary breakfast buffet at the property they had lot of options, first thing we do on birthdays is go for temple, the one which we visited is vadalapani murugan temple and lunch in namma veedu vasanth bhavan the best food in Chennai according to me and we spontaneously decided to go for movie in forum nexus vijaya mall in arcot road we enjoyed for sometime in the play arena wide variety of games all of my family enjoyed there well and went to kgf 2, i slept off in between as i was so tired later we tried food in the food courts present there, after coming back to the hotel i soaked in the hot water tub it was so relaxing after all the things i had done on tat day.

April 17:- woke up feeling good it is time to say goodbye to this hotel and place after swimming in the pool for last time we checked out and thought of doing something out of blue that is go for MGM dizzee world  (yeeppie) in muthukadu around 30 klm from main Chennai, after changing into our gear we jumped into play pool but the drawback is limited storage lockers and the rides are quite outdated the slides are slippery and sloppy because of low maintenance it might make it little scarry but water guards are always present and every exit of the slid so you shouldn’t worry much apart from water rides there are ample number of wet rides, there are many wet games one can enjoy and as usual many eateries present inside after spending the whole day there its time to say goodbye to this beautiful place we reached vadalapani bus depot and reached Bangalore the next morning.

I couldn’t ask for a best birthday than this, it was certainly different and spontaneously that is what i love about this journey and thanks for the people making it memorable and adventurous. Chennai you have a place in my heart now. 

I didnt click any picture of myself and this trip as i felt for once i need to put my phone away and just splurge in that moment, I totally forgot to click pictures that is how much i got involved in my self just me and my family nothing else so photos no social media. Which was totally different for me but i love this side of mine.

Kudos to much travel and experience in life!

Untill then see you soon peeps !!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The art of Minimalism in Fashion

Namaste England 🙏

Winter in England