Priya in Pondicherry

 Hello people,

Hope this blog finds you in good state, I finally visited the Destination, which i have been eyeing for 2 years, the Portuguese colonies in the southern city of india pondicherry!

This vacation was a good start to this 2022, much needed trip, that was a bang.



Starting from bangalore to pondicherry the route taking to the destination was crisp and clear that was a fine road which can be easily  covered by bike or car. 



*My first stop at laila's county a very well maintained property with basic amenities  from there I have taken my walk to the most beautiful street the French colony, the color, walls, villas, architecture is so colorful, my eyes are blessed to see that exquisite location took a bunch of stunning pictures,  background made my pictures look 10 times more beautiful, just walking through you can see that every corner is a piece of art, I couldn't get-

 



-over how beautiful the place is and a lord Ganesha temple, the popular one in this place.


* The sacred heart basicilica church
It is magnificently built, it's architecture and every inch of it is awesome, very well maintained, a peaceful rejuvenation place with the lights and decoration it is wonderful to look at.




*The rock beach 
The most scenic and serene beach the black stones stand out a lot and it's drive path with palm tress planted takes you out of the country it is a sight to behold, everything looks so stunning, especially the sunrise point, I was in aww with the moments spend in the beach.





*The ashoka beach resort
Definitely worth spending your time here, it was a luxurious property, with a private beach side, you can open your door and walk into the beach anytime, I spent my night alone in that beach. A live music night ads a advantage to spend your time here.



* auroville 
A sphere shaped mandir, you can get to meditate inside, on weekends the sphere closes at 12.00 pm after that you can't enter inside the mandir to take a look inside, but have to walk a mile to get inside the globe, it was a peaceful walk with different types of eateries, candle and clothes shop to splurge. And never miss out on the fire wood pizza that was so yummy.





I walked in the white town visited the coramandal cafe, the food i had wasn't the hype, except for the vibe and interiors I didn't find the food satisfying, the options were less. 
And there is water spray amusement part and paradise beach which is accessible to and from boat in the city.





* Mahaballipuram 
A must visit place when you come to pondicherry it's on the way to Chennai from the famous ECR road, I feel it is the most underrated place, it is a group monuments ensembled in a magical way, seriously I'm not the best one at narrating the history of this place, but this place is truly infamous for the Krishn's butter ball, a massive ton of stone balancing on the edge of the cliff for centuries which remained as stunning Landmark of that place, the restaurants near the beach offer lip smacking dishes.




Next stop chennai....deserves another blog itself.



Overall pondicherry trip was the best thing happened to me, I felt low in the beginning of the year, I was feeling down, and unexpectedly I got a chance to travel in tamilnadu, it was so rejuvenating, can't describe In words its truly worth the wait..

Yours
Priya kishori...:)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The art of Minimalism in Fashion

Namaste England 🙏

Winter in England